You can never have enough chocolate for Valentine’s Day, right? Indulgent desserts are great, but sometimes you just want a little snack to satisfy that chocolate craving. These Mexican Spiced Chocolate Covered Cashews will crush that sweet tooth without being overly decadent.
This chocolatey snack is spiced with cinnamon and just a hint of chili powder, giving it depth of flavor without adding heat.
Cashews are my favorite kind of nut. They are mild in flavor, creamy and slightly sweet. They also have lower fat content that most nuts and are high in cooper, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc.
Cinnamon is also very good for you. It has fiber and calcium and can help regulate blood sugars.
You don’t need any cooking or baking skills for these yummy bites and you can make them in under 10 minutes.
I like the spiced chocolate drizzled over the cashews…I think it makes a prettier presentation. But feel free to throw the cashews into the bowl of chocolate and coat them completely. You can see it done both ways in the pictures. They are deliciously addicting either way.
Chocolate covered cashews spiced with cinnamon and a hint of chili powder, creating depth of flavor without adding heat.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp chili powder (I used a little over 1/4 tsp, but not quite 1/2 tsp)
- 1/8 tsp salt, optional (I left this out as I'm not a salt person)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread out cashews in an even layer on the baking sheet. Set aside.
- Heat chocolate, non dairy milk and spices in a double boiler, stirring often, until smooth. (Alternately, you can microwave this in 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth). Do not walk away from the chocolate mixture as you don't want it to burn.
- Drizzle chocolate over the cashews until desired coverage.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for 20-30 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Break apart into smaller pieces and get your snack on!
- *If you are going to coat the cashews entirely in the chocolate, skip step 2. Once chocolate is smooth add the cashews to the bowl and stir until completely coated. Spread out the chocolate covered cashews on the parchment lined baking sheet and place in freezer for 20-30 minutes until chocolate is set.
I’m thinking these would make a great gift too!