Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies! Moist, tender, and fudgy flourless blondies with a crackly top. I dare you to eat just one!
I don’t think I’ve ever worked so hard on getting a recipe just right. I can’t even count how many times I tweaked my original recipe, but I finally nailed it! These Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies are my new go-to treat! They are moist and tender in the center with just a bit of a crackly crust on top. They are perfectly sweet, healthier than your average blondie recipe and, oh, so addictive!
Healthier Than Traditional Blondies
While these do contain a good amount of sugar, they are also packed with protein, fiber, folate and iron, so you can feel good about your new afternoon treat! Oh, and guess what? They are dairy free, gluten-free and oil-free too!
And, the cinnamon….ahhh, the cinnamon. I LOVE cinnamon. So spicy, sweet and fragrant. Did you know cinnamon, full of manganese, fiber and calcium, has been shown to have anti-clotting and anti-microbial properties? It also helps to control blood sugar levels and boost brain function. Basically, you need to devour these dreamy blondies immediately!
Quick and Easy
The entire batter is made in the bowl of a food processor and comes together in less then 5 minutes. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
My kids and I inhaled these in a little over one day! And I’ve made several more batches since. (They are delicious with a cup of coffee!) We can’t get enough.
I kept the leftovers in an airtight container on the counter and they were still just as dreamy the next day. They haven’t lasted longer than that yet so far in this house, so I can’t vouch for the life expectancy of these babies beyond that. However, I would probably keep them in the fridge if you still have some left after 2 days. (Don’t worry, you won’t!)
It’s no secret that my “secret” ingredient in these Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies is, duh, chickpeas! I super swear promise you will not taste them! Trust me! But they do provide that great fudgy texture!
Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies
I absolutely can’t wait for you guys to try these! I promise you will love them. After you make them, run back here and leave me a comment below letting me know how quickly you devoured them! You can also snap a quick pic and tag me on social media @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I don’t miss it! Enjoy, guys!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats (certified gluten free if desired)
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Cinnamon Sugar mixture, optional for garnish (equal parts of cinnamon and sugar mixed together)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spritz an 8x8 baking dish with oil or line with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients, except walnuts, in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Add the walnuts, if using, and stir gently, then smooth the batter out.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the sides start to pull away from the baking dish and the top is firm.
- The blondies will continue to firm up while cooling.
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar garnish, if using.
You Might Also Like: