Baked Buffalo Chickpea and Artichoke Vegan Taquitos are the perfect game day food or party appetizer.
These spicy buffalo vegan taquitos are meant to be an appetizer or snack, but let’s be honest, I could make a meal out of these! The filling is a creamy mixture of smashed chickpeas, chopped artichokes and my “cheesy” Butternut Mac sauce (a reader favorite!) all mixed with Buffalo style hot sauce. Easy to make as spicy hot (or not) as you like. Judging from the popularity of my Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, I’d say you guys love buffalo sauce! Let’s get the (vegan) party started!!
Easy to Make
These taquitos are super easy to make, especially if you use staple ingredients like canned chickpeas and frozen artichoke hearts. You can even buy pre chopped butternut squash for the “cheese” sauce.
Add Some Sauce
Buffalo Chickpea and Artichoke Vegan Taquitos
Taquitos, or rolled tacos or flautas as they are sometimes called, traditionally uses corn tortillas and are fried until crisp. I used flour tortillas here because I find they hold together better, but you can use whatever you like best. And my vegan taquitos are baked, not fried, using no oil!
If you like a lot of spicy heat, add more buffalo style hot sauce, if you like things on the tamer side, use a little less.
What Do You Think?
If you try these Baked Vegan Taquitos please leave me a comment below with your feedback. I love hearing from you guys! You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see your post. I can’t wait for you guys to try these!
Buffalo Chickpea and Artichoke Taquitos are perfect party food - especially great for game days! Using pantry and fridge staples make these vegan taquitos easy to prepare. You can even make them ahead of time and freeze them.
30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or 3 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts, frozen or canned (drained)
- 1 cup Butternut Mac sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup Buffalo style hot sauce (I used Franks )
- 15-20 small tortillas, corn or flour (your favorite) (Use corn if gluten free)
- Dipping sauce: Creamy Cumin Ranch or The BEST Guacamole
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mash the chickpeas with a potato masher or fork. Some larger pieces are ok, but you want the mixture to stick together.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts, Butternut Mac sauce and buffalo style hot sauce and mix to combine.
- Scoop about 2 tbsp of the filling onto each tortilla and roll tightly. Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until the tortillas are browning on the edges
1/4 cup hot sauce makes a nice mild heat, if you like things spicier feel free to add more.
The Butternut Mac sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
The Creamy Cumin Ranch, if using, can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
The taquitos can be assembled and then frozen until ready to heat and serve. They may take a little longer to heat through.
Are you planning on watching the Super Bowl this weekend?
Have you thought about your menu yet?
You Might Also Like: